Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Best Friends + Rooftop, Uttar Pradesh, India, 2019



The words below were written in early January, and remind me of a better time. My hope is that we will once again return to this good work, and to a better world.

"In a little more than two weeks I will be in the presence of these students, with more color film in my hands. While most images will be made in monochrome, at least one roll per day will be in color. Thanks to Imdadullah, such portraits are made possible. This good man is doing his best to maintain the cooperation of the community, so that the sewing centers can continue and so that we can help the madrasas with their programs. In this very school the headmaster has asked for support, so that he can present a fuller curriculum to his students. He wants to continue the religious lessons of course, but would also like to include Hindi, English, Math and so on. I cannot wait to show up and do my best to make this happen!"


No comments:

Post a Comment