Monday, December 28, 2020

Young Girl + Camp, Syrian living in Lebanon, 2019


Last summer I sat with this girl for a session of photography. In her camp my photography was born 22 years ago, but it was the first time specifically in this spot. To be able to sit down with these girls is an honor beyond my ability to describe. The trust their parents have in me is immeasurable, for in the end I am a foreigner with a different faith. Yet we are a family unlike any other. My love and respect for them is like that for my very family. While we were talking the leader of this refugee camp pulled out a picture I made of him over 17 years ago, and smiled with pride.

El verano pasado me senté con esta niña para tomar una sesión de fotografía. En este campo nació mi fotografía hace 22 años, pero fue la primera vez en este lugar específicamente. Poder sentarme con estas niñas es un honor más allá de lo que puedo describir. La confianza que sus padres tienen en mí es inconmensurable, porque al final soy un extranjero con una fe diferente. Sin embargo, somos una familia como ninguna otra. Mi amor y respeto por ellos es así para mi propia familia. Mientras hablábamos, el líder de este campamento de refugiados sacó una foto que hice de él hace más de 17 años y sonrió con orgullo.

No comments:

Post a Comment