Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Young Syrian + Sky, Bekaa Valley, Lebanon, 2008


Following yesterday's posts is yet another young girl from the same camp. This was where it all began for me, and will continue to be a part of my photography. LIfe has changed dramatically for the Syrians living in Lebanon certainly, as they have tragically lost the homes in Syria to which they used to return in between seasons.

These images are from more innocent times, when Syria and Lebanon were stable, as stable as recent memory could remember of course. These families lived in the Bekaa Valley and worked odd jobs, earning more than they could have earned back in Syria.

I used to drive my uncle's car to their camp on my own, and walk around the camp without question. They have known me for almost two decades now, well before this young girl was born. Often times we had dinner together, and always had tea. They are as generous as any in my life, and will always be remembered as the ones who had first accepted me as a photographer.

Website

Note: This image was made with a Canon G10.

No comments:

Post a Comment