Saturday, September 24, 2016

Cousins + Me, Virat Nagar, Rajasthan, India, 2016


This week we achieved something on a grassroots level that I thought was impossible, after having tried for so long. A simple post about supporting a single school turned into annual support for that school. With this achievement, we now have two schools near this town fully supported. This gives me further inspiration to move forward with our third school, this one a bit further and quite a bit larger. I am thankful to all of the contributors, and share this image of me and two cousins for your review.

The young girl to my right is our sewing instructor, while the young girl to my left is the daughter of our school's teacher. They wanted to dress up and make some photographs at the end of our session on this afternoon, and looked so beautiful. They have truly grown up since our first days together over ten years ago, and have made me incredibly proud.

Congratulations to the incredible dozen for making these two schools happen!


Website

Note: This image was made with a Sony RX100M3 by my friend Amanpreet Singh.

No comments:

Post a Comment