Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Article, Onfilmphoto, October 28, 2015



I am honored to have been selected for an article on this esteemed page, and hope that the stories reach an even larger audience soon. Here is an excerpt thanks to the incredibly poignant questions presented by the good team at onfilm.photo.


Any message for other film photographers? Or maybe a tip you would like to share?
With humility, I would like to share these images and hope 
that they inspire this community as the images have inspired me. Over the past two decades photography has helped me develop bonds with the most incredible people, who by now have become my extended family. They look forward to my visits almost as much as I look forward to my sessions with them. I have learned that returning to the communities makes all the difference in the world, especially when coupled with photographs in hand. There is nothing like photographing children in the streets of a city, then returning to that neighborhood to photograph their younger siblings and even their own children. The love produced with such a history is beyond my ability to describe on this page, always makes me pause.

No comments:

Post a Comment