Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Ballerina + Sugar Cane, Guanabacoa, Cuba, Summer of 2014



On my way home tonight I received a call from her apartment. To see her name on my phone a few weeks after staying at her home for the summer brought a smile to my face. Her mother and I spoke for a little bit, then her brother took the phone to say hello and let me know that he'll be in the States for the next two weeks. He happens to be the captain of Cuba's National Soccer Team, and a handsome one at that!

I remember when this image was made, as we were walking between the sugar cane fields on our way to the next stop. I turned to her and asked if she'd get behind a few stalks, and she did so with her own flamboyant way. Everything she touches turns into gold so effortlessly.

She was at her dance school this evening, always trying to improve her technique… a perfectionist on every level. It's been less than three weeks since we were together and I am already counting the weeks until we are on the beach once again.

www.halimina.com

Note: This image was made with a Hasselblad 555 ELD/180 mm combination onto Fuji Neopan Acros 100 ISO film.

No comments:

Post a Comment