Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Temple in the Field, Rajasthan, India, 2018


For those of us supporting this work in Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh, I certainly hope that one day you can visit this beautiful land. From temples in fields to glorious wheat spreading to the horizon, it is a sublime landscape in which the schools are being established.

Most of my work is portraiture, yet every day an attempt is made to include the environment. On this day I decided to take a walk to the village and passed by this familiar site. I had passed it on countless occasions yet never made the time to photograph it.

A couple of young men saw me walking and joined me, a common occurrence when walking around with a camera. They asked me a few questions, then realized my lack of understanding, and after a few minutes decided to be on their way. This image was made as they were asking questions, and they looked into the viewfinder to see what was being photographed before taking off.


Instagram

Note: This image was made with a Hasselblad 503 CW/100 mm lens combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment