Saturday, June 25, 2016

The Release, Santa Maria del Mar, La Habana, Cuba, 2015


In less than four weeks I will be in her presence once again, planning another session in those beautiful waters. She and her brother are exquisite dancers, and are remarkable in front of the lens. The excitement is almost too much to endure!

We met one afternoon when I walked in front of their home on a busy Havana street. Their mother was sitting just inside the landing, and to the side of some vegetables for sale. I asked permission to photograph her, and she allowed me to do so.

Just after we finished it was mentioned that two of her children were ballerinas. She called for the children to come, and after a minute the two most beautiful dancers were standing in front of me.

They were out of breath after running to us, but had smiles ear to ear. The family was incredible, and even put a dance show for me a few minutes later right inside the home. I knew right there and then that we had yet another beautiful family with which to collaborate.

I look forward to seeing them again, and to documenting their considerable talents on film. In this image, she is photographed just as she was about to release a symbol of love for the viewers of her photograph. It stands out from the rest on that day, and I will hand her this image as soon as we meet in a few weeks.


Note: This image was made with a Fuji GA645i onto Kodak TMX film.

No comments:

Post a Comment