Sunday, July 26, 2009

Student, Female, Midwest, United States, 2009

'My name is Tiana “Keke” Maddox. I am a 20 year old college student from Cleveland. Although my life is surrounded by much hard work, I never let my obligations interrupt my smile and laughter! I absolutely love my spontaneous life and I embrace each day with great enthusiasm. Along with the great respect that I have for Mr. Halim Ina, I am most intrigued by the mission of his work. His photographs not only display a form of creative art, but a story, which is why I am very excited to be apart of his most recent projects. As human beings it is easy to become preoccupied with our own problems and difficulties that we forget about others less fortunate than ourselves; that despite I must live without minor wants that some are without necessities. I am happy to know that my photograph will greatly benefit the Nirvanavan Foundation and help support a great cause for many deserving villages. Much change can occur if we provide sturdy foundations for our community and great opportunity for our children. As like last year, I hope that funds are raised to provide more support for the men, women, and children of these villages.'

----"With hope and virtue, let us brave once more the icy currents, and endure what storms may come. Let it be said by our children's children that when we were tested we refused to let this journey end, that we did not turn back nor did we falter; and with eyes fixed on the horizon and God's grace upon us, we carried forth that great gift of freedom and delivered it safely to future generations." ---President Barack H. Obama, 2009 Inaugural Address.

'Now is the perfect time for the people of the world to unite, with hope everything is possible.' halimina.org nirvanavan.org.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment