Monday, August 30, 2021

Rachel + Yudel, Guanabacoa, Cuba, 2016


Earlier last month Rachel reached out to me regarding these images, as it seemed she was missing them. It happened to be our last session in 2016, in one our favorite places outside of the city. Many of my friends from Cuba have had their images made here, and some with that beautiful, blue chair in the background. It feels great when a dear friend gets a hold of me years after a session, tells me that the photography had an effect on all those involved.

Thanks to Yudel R. Contreras Garcia for the beautiful, hand-made outfits... and to Gysleda Virginia De La Barca Vega for making all of this possible!

El mes pasado, Rachel me contactó con respecto a estas imágenes, ya que parecía que no las tenía. Resultó ser nuestra última sesión en 2016, en uno de nuestros lugares favoritos fuera de la ciudad. Muchos de mis amigos de Cuba se han hecho sus imágenes aquí, y algunos con esa hermosa silla azul de fondo. Se siente muy bien cuando un querido amigo me contacta años después de una sesión, me dice que la fotografía tuvo un efecto en todos.

No comments:

Post a Comment