Monday, January 4, 2016

Student + Garment, Rooftop, Nirvanavan Foundation, Rajasthan, India, 2015


For those willing to support this effort through the purchase of prints and the giving of time at the Cleveland Print Room last weekend, I present this portrait. This young woman has learned how to make such garments in our school, and now has a trade in order to help support her family. This will also allow her to have a separate income stream from her new family should she desire to do so in the future.

I am proud of her and am very touched by her sincerity. She humbled me when she put this garment into my hands for review, asking me to inspect her work. She is sitting on the rooftop of her teacher's home, as we were finished with the photography for the day.

This is what all of us worked for last weekend, and a success it was!




Note: This image was made with a Sony RX100M2.

No comments:

Post a Comment