Thursday, November 12, 2015

Young Girl + Motion, San Miguel del Padron, Cuba, Summer of 2014


Almost all of my images of this young girl are from this perspective, and almost none of them display movement. Even though her details are blurred, almost all familiar with her will recognize her features immediately. She is flawless in every manner, and gave me four glorious years of photography during my time on the island.

In this image, she decided to turn away from me, count to three and then turn to the camera. We did this several times and did our best to catch her glancing at the camera. She had the vision to make this portrait possible, and I am eternally grateful to have had the opportunity to document her during the transition from pre-teen to teen.

Note: This image was made with a Hasselblad 555 ELD/180 mm combination onto Fuji Neopan Acros 100 ISO film.

No comments:

Post a Comment