Saturday, November 7, 2015

Mariel + El Mirage Dry Lake Bed, California, November 4 of 2015



A few years ago this exquisite woman stepped into my life thanks to her portrait in a fellow photographer's portfolio. One message to her regarding a possible collaboration yielded the kindest response, and confirmed my need to visit the west coast.


Our first session together was at this exact spot, and yielded the greatest number of rolls exposed during one session in my experience to this day. The images we made then impressed me deeply, and made me want to return to document her peerless spirit once again.


Cue forward to this afternoon, and our second session at El Mirage Dry Lake Bed. Nothing needs to be explained to Mariel, for she understands my vision perfectly. Her wardrobe is unmatched, as well as her willingness to go anywhere for the image.

The temperature was well below normal for this time of the year, hovering around 50 degrees without the factor of the intense wind considered. She nonetheless performed flawlessly, changing from one outfit to another effortlessly. 

While a full team may usually be present during her modeling sessions, she offers herself without hesitation to my work knowing that such would be missing. She is as selfless as I have ever met, and considers herself fortunate to be photographed alongside the girls from Cuba, India, Lebanon and the rest.

I for one am just as fortunate, and look forward to many more sessions.

Thanks to my dear friend Malachi, I found Mariel and this special place!

Twitter

Note: This image was made with a Sony RX100M3.

No comments:

Post a Comment