Monday, January 20, 2014

Beautiful One from the House of the Beautiful, Syrian Bedouin, Bekaa Valley, Lebanon, Summer of 2001


Her name literally is 'Beautiful One, From the House of the Beautiful.' She has been photographed by me since 1998 and will hopefully allow me once again on my return to Lebanon soon. My hope is that the situation settles a bit for her and for all those living in the area, for she is a Syrian refugee living in Lebanon long before the present set of circumstances.

She and her community were the beginnings of my photography. They remember a young man walking into their tent city without anyone else asking to photograph their children, acting like it was nothing much to ask. The girls were and still are my primary focus and the boys have resigned themselves to just watching it all unfold in front of them.

www.halimina.org

Note: This image was made with a Hasselblad 501CM/120mm combination and onto Kodak T-Max 100 ISO film, the scanned with an Epson V700.

No comments:

Post a Comment