Sunday, September 18, 2016

Mariel on Film, El Mirage Dry Lake Bed, California, 2015


The two together are incomparable, Mariel and film. This was my second time with her, and both times on film. She presented on both occasions perfectly prepared, with the most exquisite wardrobe. She truly understands my approach, and embraces the other girls and women in my portfolio.

She is of course an accomplished model and actor, and wants those in my work to understand that she is a sister to them. She certainly is and brings only her best to our sessions. Our travel to and from this location is always filled with wonderful conversations, which affects in the most positive manner the photography.

We communicate beautifully without words while collaborating, and I am always in awe of her talents. In this portrait, which took my breath away, a single tear fell slowly as the shutter was released. It was a precious moment, and one which will always be represented through this photograph.

Only Mariel and I know the reason for the tear of course, but rest assured that the reason is a beautiful one… born from happenstance.

In less than two weeks we will hopefully be at El Mirage, and will once again document her spirit on medium format film!


Website

Note: This image was made with a Hasselblad 555 ELD/180 mm combination onto Fuji Neopan Acros 100 ISO film.

No comments:

Post a Comment