Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Students + Uniforms, Kisumu, Kenya, 2006


Going through the images from my time in Kenya almost eight years ago yielded this image. Do I remember making it? Honestly, no. What I remember is the feeling of being in front of these students, and the schools visited. I remember the excitement in the air and the lines of students waiting for their time in front of the lens. Just as memorable was the attention paid by the adults in each of these schools, giving of their services for the sake of the students. What young adults take for granted here these children walked great distances for under harsh conditions. For many these were the only uniforms they had in their possession, made by hand with much care.

These children have since grown up and my only hope is that they finished their education and have moved on to a brighter future.

No comments:

Post a Comment