Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Model + Beach, Santa Maria del Mar, Cuba, Summer of 2013


Tonight I am printing this young woman's images from our session on the beach last summer. The timing happens to be the first hour of the day while the waves were quite calm and the sun wonderfully soft. We met four years ago while she was taking modeling lessons in the center of Havana, as I was searching for another young woman.

Since that first meeting we have collaborated every year and she has continuously shown a sincere desire to be included in my work. Even before my arrival to the island she calls my friend's house, letting him know that she is ready to collaborate. I look forward to seeing how she has changed since this image and to documenting those changes onto film.

www.halimina.org

No comments:

Post a Comment