Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Anais, Dancer + Sister, Pan American Stadium, Alamar, Cuba, July 28, 2012





You give her a chance and she expresses herself! 

Once again we're at the Pan American Stadium just outside the capital, a place that has become her own. She has the ability to work alone with me and at such a tender age. She needs very little direction and works with adults four times her age without ever making us feel any different.

We started working on the other side of the stadium against the plain white wall and were taken to this side by her creativity. She saw these statues and immediately was drawn to them. She balanced herself on top of them, struck poses next to them and became part of their world.

She takes me out of my shell and puts me in a more creative environment. Five years we have collaborated and with each passing year she grows by a lifetime. I admire and love this young girl, she is without equal. 

This was my last day in Cuba in 2012 and my last rolls of film were exposed on her behalf, fitting and appropriate.

halim.ina@gmail.com
Halim Ina Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment