Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Face + Hands, Elder, Humana People to People India, Virat Nagar, Rajasthan, India, October 30, 2013

We were almost finished for the morning, the desire to return was building up on the people around me. However the young, local boy alongside me pushed to go up one more street. We did and ran into this older gentleman sitting on the corner of a wide open street.

The team walked past him and continued up the street, while I was enthralled with his features and styling. I asked my team to gain his permission, and with the help of another local man we were granted permission. He was hard of hearing, and has lost sight in one of his eyes. The people around us were most helpful, and guided him to the other corner of the street to be photographed with direct sunlight.

He was beyond great, allowed me to also photograph his hands, both with film and with a digital format. He was so patient, while those around us wondered for limitless reasons regarding our intention and purpose.

After we were finished, I had the privilege of shaking this man's hands… and in gaining his trust for the portraits made this morning. I cannot wait to see the negatives, but will settle for the digital image above as a preview.

halim.ina@gmail.com
Halim Ina Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment