Thursday, December 26, 2019

Syrian Girl + Camp, Near Zahle, Lebanon, 2019


This past summer in Lebanon was a special one for me. While my usual trip to Cuba was derailed thanks to customs officials on the island, the resulting two months in Cuba allowed me to revisit my work in my homeland. Thanks to help from various friends within the Syrian community, I was allowed to visit more than twelve camps and meet some of the most incredible children in the world. The expressions on their faces, and the faces themselves, took me by surprise. Here is one such expression, and face!

Next week the film will be finished processing, and I look forward to seeing her images and those of her friends!

-----

El verano pasado en el Líbano fue especial para mí. Si bien mi viaje habitual a Cuba se descarriló gracias a los oficiales de aduanas de la isla, las resultas en Cuba me permitieron volver a visitar mi trabajo en mi tierra natal. Gracias a la ayuda de varios amigos de la comunidad siria, se me permitió visitar más de doce campamentos y conocer a algunos de los niños más increíbles del mundo. Las expresiones en sus rostros, y los rostros mismos, me tomaron por sorpresa. Aquí hay una de esas expresiones, y cara!

La próxima semana el laboratorio va a terminar de procesarse los rollos, y espero ver sus imágenes y las de sus amigas.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment