Sunday, November 3, 2013

Brother Netram, Virat Nagar, Rajasthan, Eve of Diwali, November 2, 2013

I have known this gentle man since my arrival in Rajasthan over six years ago. He lives in this small room and produces exquisite furniture made of fine rope twisted around wooden frames. He wakes up early in the morning and tends to his spiritual responsibilities, then goes about his duties in a most diligent manner.

He is both precise and devoted, and has been my friend since the day we met. Last night he read the lines on my hands, and gave me hope that the original schools will one day reopen as well as the schools now scheduled to open.

Here he sat on one of his benches, on the eve of Diwali. A few minutes after this image was made we took a walk into the market and had some sweet treats, and spent the night talking.

The next day he showed me a beautiful temple he had constructed for the Diwali celebration, while flowers hung from ceiling of the entrances to the hallway and to the room. I admire this man, and am proud of our brotherhood.

halim.ina@gmail.com
Halim Ina Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment