Sunday, November 13, 2016

Moonrise + Bonneville Salt Flats, Wendover, Utah, 2016


Since my trip to Lebanon had to be cancelled for the sake of work, it was time to look for the silver lining. That lining was the location of my work, Salt Lake City. With me to Utah this past weekend came my camera, and plenty of film.

So today I decided to go a bit further west and look for the Bonneville Salt Flats thanks to the incredibl
e images made by my dear friend Keith Berr. I knew nothing of the place except what was seen on the internet, and thought that the place was a flat and dry space. What was waiting for me took my breath away!

At this time of the year the space is filled with perhaps six inches of salt water, and families were walking a hundred meters into the shallow lake without submerging anything more than their ankles. The water looked like a glass surface, until people started walking in... and I managed to expose two rolls with the calmest of surfaces.

Then people started walking in, and it made for even more interesting images. As the sun set and illuminated only the mountaintops, the images were even more striking. This image
was made at the end of my time there, as the moon was rising and the sun had almost disappeared.



Note: This image was made by a Sony RX100M3.

No comments:

Post a Comment