Saturday, April 30, 2016

Students + Friends, Humana India, Madhya Pradesh, India, 2016




This year was my first visit to this beautiful region of India, and a true blessing. Many described the area as being tribal, but that gave me little insight as to the people themselves. Upon arriving it was evident to me that the communities were extremely serene, kind and gentle. 

The smiles came to the girls' faces much more easily, and the boys were exceptionally courteous. Photographing the children was quite easy, and gave me a chance to rest during the second half of my first month. Even though the drive was exhausting, the serenity of the people and the stunning landscape energized me.

These girls attend a government school in collaboration with Humana India. The foundation worked for one year in this area, and designed a system which would take out-of-school children and bring them into the formal, government system. My hope is that the children are in fact now enrolled and will continue onto secondary schools.


Note: These images were made with a Sony RX100M3.

No comments:

Post a Comment