Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Dance + Glasses, Izmir, Turkey, June 2, 2013


On June 2 of this year I had the privilege of spending an afternoon with a special group of individuals. After a studio session we found a space within the campus for an hour of photography. In the middle of the protests these young people gave of themselves without hesitation. They came to the university despite the risks involved during this time period, and have to this day remained in contact with me. They are an affectionate group and have my sincerest respect. This proof is of my dear friend, Alp Aren Şenol, and others are to follow.

He was wearing these glasses for fun and never thought to use them for our session. I mentioned it to him and he took to it, placed them on his face and moved from one incredible position to another. I admire this about him, his ability to accept.


halim.ina@gmail.com
Halim Ina Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment