Friday, February 4, 2011

Kate, Artist, Sister, Friend, North America, 2011


Over the past two years we go back and forth, exchange messages now and then, starting conversations but never end them.

Then a few months ago, she sends an email to me as a start of another conversation, one that we are still having to this day. There is distance between us both in terms of land and in terms of generations. Regardless we speak in a common language, she understands this work fully.

She sees the girls in my portfolio as queens, as princesses. She understands the use of neutral backgrounds and just this past week decided to pursue the same in a tribute to the women in my portfolio.

Out of respect, she uses a male friend rather than a woman. She spends two hours of her time in the cold to make exquisite portraits, in the style of my work. She then waits until my arrival home to send me an excited message, to visit her blog and experience this surprise.

This young woman's name is Kate and she is a princess alongside the girls in my portfolio, we will continue the conversation this evening. Should you like to learn more about her, you may visit her blog below.

Kate Med Photography

1 comment:

  1. thank you so much Halim!! You are the sweetest!

    ReplyDelete