Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Jenesis, Model, Friend, Studio, Cleveland, Ohio, February 1, 2012


Before she arrives this evening for her session with me, Jenesis allows me to preview her wardrobe through images. Rather than selecting pieces and then advising me of her choices, she listens gently to my request for darker, timeless pieces and organizes her wardrobe to reflect my request.

In this image, Jenesis displays an outfit from her past and tells me the story behind it, giving the image that much more meaning. She moves from one pose to another effortlessly and changes her expressions at the same time. We make images with direct light and also include images like the one above with indirect light.

She arrives early in the evening and stays until early in the morning, going through my portfolio as well as selecting three images for us to print. Rather than being in a hurry to leave after the session, she engages me in a conversation regarding some of the people in my work, showing a sweet sensitivity to their stories.

She selects a print from my portfolio to also take home with her as a gift, and it is a print of a young Cuban girl, a selection made even more fitting due to the physical characteristics shared by both. She sees in herself this young girl and shares her love for her with me.

Her trust in me, and in my work, is exemplary and provides me with a serenity that comes with having photographed a beautiful spirit. We will collaborate once again and soon.

halim.ina@gmail.com
Halim Ina Photography

2 comments:

  1. That was simply amazing! Your choice in words was exemplary. I look forward to working with you again. The images that we created were more than I could have ever asked for. So thank you, again. I hope that everyone sees the beauty, and the realness in your photography, the way that I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They shall see the beauty should they have the spirit to do so, and we will leave it at that. We will collaborate soon enough sweet sister, and you may tell me when that is as time opens up for you. As the film is developed, you will see much more.

      Delete