Saturday, February 10, 2018

Carolina + Lunara, El Mirage, Los Angeles, California, 2016


Two years ago I had the honor of being included in a collaboration between two incredible talents, Carolina as a model and Lunara as a designer of wearable art. We met in Los Angeles and then headed to the most magical El Mirage for our session.

Rarely have I had a designer with me, yet it felt natural. We were all on the same page and the clouds turned the sky into a beautiful canvas for our images. Initially I thought that time would be lost getting ready between outfits. Yet once again my thoughts were proven wrong when Lunara did more than her part to move the session along.

Then there was Carolina who took it upon herself to bring the designs to life. She did so without instruction and brought a high level of energy to the session. She constantly moved and never presented the same combination of expression and position to the lens.

Working with these two talents was quite the experience and I do hope that one day we could reunite at El Mirage!

www.halimina.com

Note: This frame was exposed with a Hasselblad 555 ELD/180 mm lens.

Lunara Love's designs could be found here:

www.lunaradesign.com

Here is an excerpt from her 'about' section:

"I am from West Siberia, Russia. The city where I grew up is not far from the biggest Siberian forest Taiga and beautiful Mountains of Altai which is where my influences have came from. Those places are famous for mystical, wild nature and Shamanic roots. Eight years ago I moved to NY, and it has been my home base since. I have traveled to the West coast a lot, and I have attended Burning Man for six years which has played a big role in my artistic expression. I have also attended a lot of beautiful Gatherings all over the world, and it has been my inspiration to create a line of Lunara Design hair accessories - danceable hair art."

No comments:

Post a Comment