Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Hands + Bracelets, Virat Nagar, Rajasthan, India, November 13, 2013


On the morning of November 13 of last year these hands were raised to the sky with joy. The young girl to whom they belong was photographed a few minutes earlier, and a day after we met thanks to her older brother. As my transportation during my time in Rajasthan, this kind man invited me to his home to meet his family, and to perhaps photograph them the next day.

The beauty and love that greeted me on our first visit was beyond my expectations, and my reaction was especially visible to the younger of the two sisters. So when we returned the very next morning, she was even more radiant and happy. These are the two adjectives that come to mind when seeing this image. Soon her portrait will also be shared, but for the time being this Rajasthani Princess will be represented through her raised hands below.

www.halimina.org

Note: This image was made with a Hasselblad 555ELD/120mm combination, and scanned through the negative sleeve for this presentation until it is printed in the darkroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment