Saturday, December 31, 2011

Another Image from Collaboration with Sylvia and Praxa, Hallway, December 19, 2011


Step by step Praxa adds layers to the presentation, and allows me to document each step. While many others would only want the final product photographed, he allows the construction of the image to be shown as well as his technique.

Working with studio lighting for the first time, I make attempts to move Sylvia into positions emulating my traditional work, raising her above the camera and placing the light to her side. She is asked to look down and away from the light, allowing her eyes to relax and focus on the lens rather than the light.

With this image another world opens up for me, allowing me the possibility to work indoors and yet attain a sense of connection between this work and my work from around the world. Today I experimented with a few more options and look forward to our next session, hopefully the first week of the new year.

I share my deepest gratitude with Sylvia and Praxa for this gift.

halim.ina@gmail.com
Halim Ina Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment