Sunday, January 18, 2015

The Magnificent One + Video, Santa Maria del Mar, Cuba, Summer of 2014



This video is a peek into my work in Cuba, and especially into my relationship with this most exquisite girl. She is yet to be a teenager yet moves with the elegance and poignancy of someone decades older. She is a person I admire and adore immensely, and one to whom I will travel for the rest of my life.

The making of this video coincided with the making of photographic images. The two cameras were set up side by side, What is seen in this video, among many other things, is her ability to move from one exposure to the next without input from the photographer. She listens to the sound of the camera and moves at will from one frame to the next.

"Magnificent" is just one adjective used to describe her, the list is endless.

www.halimina.org