Thursday, April 11, 2013

Guitar Slim + Sweet Willie, Dining Room, Cleveland, Ohio, April 10, 2013



Last night I had the privilege and honor of being invited to document history, and one of its local participants. With the help of my friend Sweet Willie, a few hours were spent filming an intimate performance by Guitar Slim, with four in the audience including two of his daughters and one of his dear friends.

I arrived at the home in the evening to see that everything was ready and beyond my expectations. The Master was playing his guitar in anticipation and his daughters had worked very hard to move things around in order to make room for the performance. They had also prepared some appetizers for us and made every attempt to help me feel as comfortable as possible in order to document their father.

The respect shown to their father is unparalleled in my experience, it is a rare love indeed. When he plays his guitar they sit and watch in pure astonishment, even though they have seen him play countless times. Although they wanted to burst out at the end of each song, they kept quite for the sake of the recording. This was my second time with them and my respect has grown with each visit.

halim.ina@gmail.com
Halim Ina Photography