Thursday, July 23, 2009

Young Woman II, Midwest, United States, 2009


'My name is Natalie, but my close friends call me 'Natalia.' I am 24 years old with a degree in Anthropology. I still remember the first time I laid eyes on Halim's photography. The people that Halim photographs touch me and inspire in me a need to help others. Only through understanding and compassion can one make a positive change. Halim has done this over and over through his photography. I am honored to be a part of his work, and extremely honored to have my portrait along side of these beautiful women and children.'

With these words she gives of herself for the sake of her sisters in Asia. From the moment that we meet at my studio and through the benefit for Nirvanavan Foundation months later, she is selfless, compassionate and inspirational. She shows her support through her actions and words, helping with the hanging of the photographs at the benefit, along with a dear friend. She gives what she can and asks for nothing in return. She inspires me to do more.

halimina.org
nirvanavan.org.uk