Saturday, July 25, 2009

Mother, Model, Midwest, United States, 2009


In her own words:

'I am deeply moved by Halim Ina's work. These children are some of the most beautiful creatures to grace this earth and deserve all that life can give them. Halim is doing wonderful things for these children and I am honored to be a part of it. I am a professional body modification artist, alternative model, makeup artist, business owner and wife as well as the mother of two beautiful daughters. It is rare that I am able to use my art forms in a charitable manner but thanks to Halim and his amazing project I am able to offer my time for a beautiful cause.'

This young woman and her husband are part of a larger tribe. At the last benefit for Nirvanavan Foundation, her portrait was purchased by a dear good man, allowing one school to meet its financial burdens for two months. With each portrait sold such small steps are made.

halimina.org
nirvanavan.org.uk